- *Wells Fargo Donates $4.1 Million to National Urban League
- *Civil Rights Leaders Al Sharpton, Russel Simmons, and Marc Morial Join Rabbi Marc Schneier to Speak Out on Knockout Game Violence and the Targeting of Jews
- *Redeem the Dream: The National Urban League in 2013
- *Highlights from the 2013 Equal Opportunity Day Awards Dinner
- *Click Here for More Information on the National Urban League Policies, Research and Initiatives!
- *Read the 8 Point Plan: Educate, Employ and Empower
- *Urban League Calls for Vote on Watt Nomination
- *Statement from Marc H. Morial on End of Government Shutdown
- *New Report on Effects of 'Stand Your Ground' Laws
- *Marriott stay can make a difference for National Urban League
- *Watch Online: The Morial Legacy 2012 Video
What is the National Urban League Summer Internship Program?
The National Urban League Summer Internship Program provides an insight into the world of non-profit management for college students, from the New York City metropolitan area and in Washington, DC. The National Urban League is looking for candidates interested in a career in the not-for-profit sector, or in understanding the connection between non-profits, corporations, and government in the work of our nation.
This is an eight week paid program (June 10th through August 1st, 2013).
Video: Occupy the Vote
The National Urban League offers valuable work experience in a professional, fast-paced environment. Some highlights of the summer’s activities include:
- Behind the Business Tours with corporate partners in the tri-state area
- Special assignments at the National Urban League Annual Conference
- Lunch with the President & CEO, National Urban League
- Interns Day on the Hill – a visit to the National Urban League Policy Institute in Washington, DC, and the opportunity to meet a legislator
- Work on The President’s Project - a special assignment from the President and CEO presented to Senior Leadership of the National Urban League at the end of the program
- Participate in the Black Executive Exchange Program Leadership Conference
- Lunch with National Urban League’s “Women of Influence”
Lunch with National Urban League’s “Men of Influence”
Who should apply?
The 2012 National Urban League Summer Interns
We are interested in students from a variety of academic backgrounds and majors who:
- Have demonstrated academic achievement
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Are enthusiastic and eager to learn about the National Urban League
Are involved in extracurricular and community-related activities
What are the application requirements?
- Official current academic transcript (minimum 2.8GPA)
- Cover letter
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- One page essay expressing interest in the program
When is the deadline?
- March 1st, 2013
Who should you send the application materials to?
PLEASE SEND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
National Urban League Internship Program
Attention: Dale Y. Johnson – Talent Management Department
120 Wall Street, 8TH Fl.
New York, NY 10005
The National Urban League is an Equal Opportunity Employer