What is the National Urban League Summer Internship Program?
The National Urban League Summer Internship Program provides an insight into the world of non-profit management for college students, in the New York City metropolitan area and in Washington, DC. The National Urban League is looking for candidates interested in a career in the not-for-profit sector, or in understanding the connection between non-profits, corporations, and government in the work of our nation. This internship is open to undergrads only.
- Behind the Business Tours with corporate partners in the tri-state area
- Special assignments at the National Urban League Annual Conference in Baltimore, Maryland
- Lunch with the President & CEO of The National Urban League
- 2 Day Event - Interns Day on the Hill – a visit to the National Urban League Washington Bureau in Washington, DC, and the opportunity to meet a legislator
- Work on The President’s Project - a special assignment from the President and CEO presented to Senior Leadership of the National Urban League at the end of the program
- Visit a National Urban League Affiliate
- Attend a Networking Event
- Lunch with National Urban League’s “Men of Influence”
Who Should Apply?
We are interested in students from a variety of academic backgrounds and majors who:
- Have demonstrated academic achievement
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Are enthusiastic and eager to learn about the National Urban League
- Are involved in extracurricular and community-related activities
What are the Application Requirements?
- Official current academic transcript (minimum 2.8GPA)
- Cover letter
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- One page essay expressing interest in the program
DEADLINE for 2016 Summer Internship: February 29, 2016
Go to this link to apply: http://bit.ly/2016summerinterns
Submit any questions to: email@example.com