- *We Strongly Support the Confirmation of Mayor Anthony Foxx as the Next Secretary of Transportation
- *Indianapolis Urban League: 11th Annual Equal Opportunity Day Luncheon
- *Marc Morial Outlines Urban League Programs In Senate Testimony
- *National Urban League Announces Launch of a New Small Business Lending Arm
- *Obama Nominates Mayor Anthony Foxx Transportation Secretary
- *The Urban Agenda and the Second Obama Administration
- *See the Latest Press Coverage of the State of Black America
- *Marriott stay can make a difference for National Urban League
- *Equal Opportunity Day Awards Gala 2012/2013
- *Watch Online: The Morial Legacy 2012 Video
It’s true in the African American community that many men are never taught how to develop and sustain healthy relationships with one another.
Saving our Sons is an intervention model to help African American men support one another in behavioral change, as well as provide specific information about various diseases like obesity, diabetes, cancer, mental illness and other types of chronic diseases.
One of the primary goals of Saving Our Sons to reduce diabetes and obesity in African American men. In addition, the program strives to connect program participants with primary doctors they will use to continue to monitor their health and wellness.
SOS is a direct product of NUL’s Black Male Initiative, (BMI), established by president Marc H. Morial in the spring of 2004, as a response to the violence, anti-achievement and limited college going rates for African American males in far too many of our communities.