- *Marc Morial Outlines Urban League Programs In Senate Testimony
- *National Urban League Announces Launch of a New Small Business Lending Arm
- *Obama Nominates Mayor Anthony Foxx Transportation Secretary
- *RSVP for the #NULJobsChat Free "Career Success Series" Jobs Webinars!
- *The Urban Agenda and the Second Obama Administration
- *See the Latest Press Coverage of the State of Black America
- *Morial's Huff Post Op Ed on Voting Rights
- *Marriott stay can make a difference for National Urban League
- *Equal Opportunity Day Awards Gala 2012/2013
- *Watch Online: The Morial Legacy 2012 Video
Relationships between women are often strained, competitive and unhealthy. NUL has developed an intervention model to help African American women learn how to support one another.
Women in this program learn how to change their behaviors, as well as get educated about various diseases including
obesity, diabetes, cancer, mental illness, and more.
The goal of the Remarkable Women program is to:
- Empower and help women become the primary health expert and decision maker in the household as it relates to the health of their family.
Identify gaps in services and barriers that may prevent a healthy life style and work to mitigate or eliminate them.