- *58th Annual Equal Opportunity Dinner
- *Put Our Children 1st: Common Core for Common Goals
- *Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Program Recruitment
- *Project Rock Weekly Fundraising Webinars
- *Maintain Sports Blackout Rule
- *New Joint Report from NUL and Partners Looks at Finance and Banking in Communities of Color
- *Justice for Victims of POLICE MISCONDUCT!
What is Comprehensive Housing Counseling?
Comprehensive Housing Counseling – a Signature Program of the National Urban League – empowers individuals to break down barriers and obtain economic equality through education, self-reliance and a greater understanding of financial tools and services. The goal is to break the cycle of poverty and level the economic playing field.
Comprehensive Housing Counseling provides FREE private consultation between a housing counselor and the client, FREE assessment of the client’s situation to determine individual need, FREE information and advice about various programs available to help clients acquire and maintain affordable housing. Homeowners and renters, regardless of financial status, may receive counseling for a variety of reasons. Clients are offered individual counseling as well as group workshops to insure that they completely understand their situation, the options available to them and that they are satisfied with their chosen course of action.
- How to prepare for and buy a home
- Late mortgage payments and foreclosure prevention
- Money and credit management
- Home Maintenance
- Tenant and landlord rights
- Referrals to community resources (most non-housing related problems are referred to other agencies such as food pantries, social services, legal services, health, alcohol and substance abuse agencies, homeless programs, Social Security Administration, job training and placement, and sources of financial assistance)
Where is it?
How big is it?
Who sponsors it?