- *Wells Fargo Donates $4.1 Million to National Urban League
- *Civil Rights Leaders Al Sharpton, Russel Simmons, and Marc Morial Join Rabbi Marc Schneier to Speak Out on Knockout Game Violence and the Targeting of Jews
- *Redeem the Dream: The National Urban League in 2013
- *Highlights from the 2013 Equal Opportunity Day Awards Dinner
- *Click Here for More Information on the National Urban League Policies, Research and Initiatives!
- *Read the 8 Point Plan: Educate, Employ and Empower
- *Urban League Calls for Vote on Watt Nomination
- *Statement from Marc H. Morial on End of Government Shutdown
- *New Report on Effects of 'Stand Your Ground' Laws
- *Marriott stay can make a difference for National Urban League
- *Watch Online: The Morial Legacy 2012 Video
What is the Act Against AIDS Leadership Alliance?
Act Against AIDS Leadership Alliance (AAALI) is the federal government’s first HIV prevention media campaign in almost 20 years. The National Urban League was selected as one of only 20 AAALI agencies because of its depth, reach and media mobilization capacity.
Where is it?
Indianapolis Urban League
Columbus Urban League
Urban League of Union County
Urban League of Palm Beach
How big is it?
In the first few months of the campaign, AAALI has accomplished the following as a group:
• Sponsored more than 560 HIV related events and trainings, with participation from more than 324 AAALI chapters, attended by more than 80,000 people.
• Leveraged assets to secure at least 200,000 in donated advertising placements, reaching over 11 million individuals.
Who sponsors it?
Centers for Disease Control
Black AIDS Institute at 213- 353-3610 http://www.blackaids.org
http://www.aids.org at 1-800-804-8845
National AIDS hotline at 1-800 342-AIDS (1- 800-342-2437)