- *Marc Morial Outlines Urban League Programs In Senate Testimony
- *National Urban League Announces Launch of a New Small Business Lending Arm
- *Obama Nominates Mayor Anthony Foxx Transportation Secretary
- *RSVP for the #NULJobsChat Free "Career Success Series" Jobs Webinars!
- *The Urban Agenda and the Second Obama Administration
- *See the Latest Press Coverage of the State of Black America
- *Morial's Huff Post Op Ed on Voting Rights
- *Marriott stay can make a difference for National Urban League
- *Equal Opportunity Day Awards Gala 2012/2013
- *Watch Online: The Morial Legacy 2012 Video
What is the Act Against AIDS Leadership Alliance?
Act Against AIDS Leadership Alliance (AAALI) is the federal government’s first HIV prevention media campaign in almost 20 years. The National Urban League was selected as one of only 20 AAALI agencies because of its depth, reach and media mobilization capacity.
Where is it?
Indianapolis Urban League
Columbus Urban League
Urban League of Union County
Urban League of Palm Beach
How big is it?
In the first few months of the campaign, AAALI has accomplished the following as a group:
• Sponsored more than 560 HIV related events and trainings, with participation from more than 324 AAALI chapters, attended by more than 80,000 people.
• Leveraged assets to secure at least 200,000 in donated advertising placements, reaching over 11 million individuals.
Who sponsors it?
Centers for Disease Control
Black AIDS Institute at 213- 353-3610 http://www.blackaids.org
http://www.aids.org at 1-800-804-8845
National AIDS hotline at 1-800 342-AIDS (1- 800-342-2437)