All paid registrants are eligible* to enter and win. This includes new registrations and pending registrations that are paid-in-full by May 31. Contest winners will be notified on, or about June 1.
*All registrants are automatically entered upon registration. There are no additional forms to complete for entry. By registering for the Conference during the contest dates, you agree to the terms listed in the Official Contest Rules below.
"Samsung LED 5300 SmartTV Giveaway"
SPONSORED BY NATIONAL URBAN LEAGUE INC.
1. AUTOMATIC ENTRY UPON REGISTRATION. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, GUAM AND PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The "Samsung LED 5300 SmartTV Giveaway" ("Sweepstakes") commences at 12:00 AM EST on May 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM EST on May 31, 2013 ("Sweepstakes Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM EST on May 31, 2013. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
4. To Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter Sweepstakes.
i. NUL Registration: In order to be able to participate via this method, entrant must register and pay in full during Sweepstakes Period and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Entrants must register via NUL’s conference website at http://conf2013.iamempowered.com/
ii. Pending Registration: In order to be able to participate via this method, entrant must pay in full on pending registration during Sweepstakes Period and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Entrants must register via NUL’s conference website at http://conf2013.iamempowered.com/
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Entries". All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of Eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Many will enter. Only one (1) will win.
5. Prize: The one (1) Winner (hereinafter defined) will receive one Samsung LED 5300 Smart TV (the "Prize"). The total approximate relative value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $499. The ARV is subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Winner must possess valid identification in order to collect the prize.
By participating in Sweepstakes, Winner (hereinafter defined) grants the right to Sponsor to record, videotape and photograph the Winner ("Images"). These Images will be owned by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of its designees shall have the right to use, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, voice, conversation and any other attributes of Winner's personality and appearance, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, promotion or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: There will be one (1) Winner selected by Administrator in a random drawing from among all of the Eligible Entries on or about June 1, 2013. Administrator will attempt to contact the potential Winner via the telephone number provided at time of entry or email if no phone number is provided. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If the potential Winner cannot be reached directly, the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries received. If potential Winner otherwise is disqualified or becomes ineligible, Winner privileges will be terminated, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries. The Prize will [be delivered to Winner's residence, or some other address as may be requested by Winner, on or about June 15, 2013.
7. Winner Verification: To be eligible to be declared the Winner and to receive the Prize, the potential Winner must confirm acceptance of the Prize within three (3) days of being notified of being a potential Winner, and must sign (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a Minor), and return to Sponsor and/or Administrator, within three (3) days of receipt of such notification from Administrator or Sponsor, (which will be sent to potential Winner via email) an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; and (b) except where prohibited by law, a right that grants Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential Winner's name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such release. If potential Winner does not sign this release (his or her parent/legal guardian if potential Winner is a Minor) and return it within the time frame specified, the potential Winner may be disqualified and the Prize forfeited. When properly executed, and providing potential Winner is in compliance with the Official Rules, potential Winner will be determined to be the Sweepstakes winner ("Winner"). Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner in a random drawing in the event that potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules or fails to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and/or Publicity Release documentation within the timeframe specified above.
By participating in Sweepstakes, Winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prize and that Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any insurance relating to the Prize.
Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Administrator or Sponsor with respect to the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor's sole discretion.
8. Prize Terms: The dates for delivery fulfillment of the Prize will be on or about June 15, 2013, but subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize related event is delayed, canceled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value, as set forth in these Official Rules (subject to compliance with applicable law). No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner or potential Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prize. All taxes and fees associated with the Prize are solely the Winner's responsibility. THE PRIZE(S) IS/ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZE, INCLUDING ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED BY A PRIZE MANUFACTURER THAT ARE SENT ALONG WITH THE PRIZE.
Winner must supply Administrator and/or Sponsor with his or her social security number for tax purposes. For Winners residing in the United States or the District of Columbia, an IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner for the actual value of the Prize granted if the actual value of the Prize is over $600. If Winner resides in Guam or Puerto Rico they will be issued forms specific for their jurisdictions with duplicates sent to the applicable taxing authorities. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner's responsibility.
9. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor's sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes (subject to compliance with applicable law). If the Sweepstakes is terminated prior to the end date stated herein, notice will be posted on https://www.iamempowered.com and the Prize will be awarded to a Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received up until and or after, if applicable, the time of modification, cancellation or termination. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the Sweepstakes for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes (subject to compliance with applicable law).
By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential Winner's participation in Sweepstakes.
Proof of transmission of an entry will not constitute proof of receipt. Submission materials will not be acknowledged or returned.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, entries that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, and the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such Winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
AS A CONDITION OF ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (I) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES; (II) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED , SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY—WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION—BY BINDING ARBITRATION (BY A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR SELECTED BY SPONSOR IN IT SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION; AND (III) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGEMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE ATTORNEYS' FEES. THIS SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by National Urban League Inc., 120 Wall Street, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10005.
11. Administered by: This Sweepstakes is administered by National Urban League Inc., Marketing and Communications Department, Senior Vice President Rhonda Spears Bell, (212) 558-5300.
These official rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in New York and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts in New York.
Contact Simone Jordan: firstname.lastname@example.org